Call for Abstracts
ABSTRACT SUBMISSION INSTRUCTIONS
Attendees interested in presenting during the QA & Dosimetry Symposium are invited to submit an abstract on a proposed presentation by Friday, September 1, 2023.
While all topics related to Quality Assurance and Dosimetry are welcome, abstracts on the following topics are requested:
- Safety and Quality in Radiation Therapy
- In-vivo / Transit dosimetry
- Automation and Integration in planning and QA
- SRS/SBRT QA and Small Field Dosimetry
- Advances in Dosimetry and QA solutions
- New treatment technologies and QA
ABSTRACT SUBMISSION GUIDELINES
- Submission deadline Friday, September 1, 2023
- The abstract document should not exceed 300 words.
- Abstracts should be composed in Microsoft Word.
- Abstract submissions are to ONLY contain text, formulas and symbols.
- Use 12 point, Times New Roman font for the text.
- Use 12 point, Symbol Font for symbols.
- If embedding formulas, keep the text size at 12 point.
- Use full justification in the document
- Do not place hard returns at the end of each line in your abstract text. Let the text wrap to the next line.
- Do not use ‘headers’ or ‘footers.’
- Add a conflict of interest statement if applicable.
- Please note that once abstracts are submitted and the submission deadline has passed, no further modifications are permitted.
ABSTRACT REVIEW CRITERIA
The following criteria will be used in determining the abstract score. If a Supporting Document is included, it will be used as additional information in determining the score.
- Quality and rigor of supporting data
- Innovation and/or scientific impact
- Interest to the medical physics community
In addition, abstracts submitted to the Innovation in Medical Physics Education will be judged on the following criteria
- Educational utility
- Extent to which the innovation has been implemented and assessed
- Extent to which the innovation can be implemented or used at a variety of other institutions
It is at the full discretion of Sun Nuclear, a Mirion Medical Company, whether to accept an abstract, based on the review criteria above. Due to the high volume of abstracts likely to be received, only the top applicants will be accepted and invited to speak at the symposium.
Applicants will be notified by Monday, October 2nd, 2023 on the status of their abstract and the expected length of their presentation (typically 30 minutes).